At Wisdom Academy we have confident, result oriented and dedicated home tutors who have a rich experience in teaching their respective subjects. Our tutors always try their best to create interest towards the subject in the minds of the students.
Our tutors have helped over hundreds of students to improve their grades, raise their test scores, build their academic self-confidence, and reach their full potential by providing the right skills for success. Our extensive experience with the curriculum and unique teaching methods allow students to improve confidence, develop higher self-esteem and achieve better grades.
We aim at being the leader in Mumbai in providing One-to-One customized sessions between the tutor and student. We help in closing the gap between what a student is achieving and what he/she has the potential to achieve.
About the Course: IGCSE
Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds, leading to globally recognized and valued Cambridge IGCSE qualifications. It is part of the Cambridge Secondary 2 stage.
A student who has passed IGCSE is eligible for any +2 level qualification, like Class 12 CBSE/ ICSE or any international pre-university program, like the IB Diploma, Advanced Placement Diploma (US), and A/AS Level & AICE (UK).
IGCSE offers a wider range of subjects and encourages high academic standards through a practical approach to teaching and learning. Assessment is not limited to conventional written papers and they consist of a variety of tests e.g. oral and listening tests.
The assessment is aimed at a wide ability range of students, with an eight-point grading scale, from A+ to G, with A+ being the highest. IGCSE is a balanced curriculum and a flexible course of study. Most subjects offer a choice between core curriculum and extended curriculum. This gives students of all ability levels the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them and, thereby, the opportunity to score good grades. The core curriculum is an overview of the subject and is suitable for students who are expected to achieve grades C to G. The extended curriculum is, sort of, a specialization in that subject. It is more challenging and designed for students who are expected to achieve grades A+ to C.
Currently, IGCSE is a two-year program starting at the Class 9 level. A student who has done his/ her early schooling from any other board can join the IGCSE program at the Class 9 level. The IGCSE prepares students for further academic study including progression to AS Level and A Level study, Cambridge Pre-U, IB Diploma Program and other equivalents. It is recognized by academic institutions and employers around the world.
There are five Subject Groups in IGCSE with several subjects to choose from, in each group:
- Group 1: Languages (First Language, Second Language, Foreign Language, etc.)
- Group 2: Humanities and Social Sciences (Geography, English Literature, History, etc.)
- Group 3: Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
- Group 4: Mathematics (Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, etc.)
- Group 5: Creative, Technical & Vocational (Accounting, Business Studies, Computer Studies, Music, etc.)
For each subject, the certificate merely indicates the grades scored, and not pass or fail.
Five scores of ‘C’ or higher indicates a students readiness to pursue +2 level qualifications, like the Class 12 CBSE, IB Diploma, Advanced Placement Diploma (US), etc.
Advantages of IGCSE:
1. IGCSE is one of the most sought-after and recognized qualifications in the world. It develops and encourages vital educational skills, including oral skills, investigative skills, problem solving, teamwork, recall of knowledge, and initiative.
2. The IGCSE program has worldwide status and credibility worldwide; it is delivered in schools in over 140 countries and is recognized by colleges and universities everywhere, more so in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
3. The IGCSE curriculum is balanced and lends an international perspective to studies. It also takes account of differing abilities of students.
Elaborate IGCSE Checkpoint
4. IGCSE students can take advantage of the Cambridge Checkpoint, a diagnostic service comprising of standardized tests, that pin-points a student’s strengths and weaknesses in key curriculum areas. The Cambridge checkpoint is used to
- Test learner’s strengths and weaknesses on entry to a school/course of study
- To inform learners/teachers/parents/ about the suitable exam strategies for students, for example to provide information about which Cambridge IGCSE tier to prepare for
- To act as a basis for action planning between student and teacher
IGCSE. E. MATHEMATICS
Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics enables students to gains skills that gives students excellent preparation for further study.
IGCSE A. MATHEMATICS
IGCSE Additional Mathematics covers the basic requirements of higher level Mathematics in IB Diploma. This provides a solid foundation and develops students’ potential to understand different perspectives of problem solving and to make reasoned responses
This is for students who want to develop and stretch themselves in mathematics. It uses skills in the context of more advanced techniques.
Among the many aims of IGCSE Physics, one of the most notable is that the student should be able to gain an understanding that the study and practice of science are affected and limited by social, economic, technological and cultural factors.
It is an excellent foundation for advanced study in pure sciences, in applied science or in science-dependent vocational courses
The aims of IGCSE Chemistry is for students to better understand the technological world in which they live, and take an informed interest in science and scientific developments
This would also allow the students to develop an understanding of the scientific skills essential for further study at A Level, skills which are useful in everyday life
As with the other Sciences, the aims of IGCSE Biology is for students to better understand the technological world in which they live, and take an informed interest in science and scientific developments.
This would also be a very good foundation that will allow the students to develop an understanding of the scientific skills essential for further study at A level/ IB Level, skills which are useful in everyday life.
The Economics syllabus will develop an understanding of economic terminology and principles and of basic economic theory. Students will learn about the economics of developed and developing nations and how these interrelate.
They will also learn to handle simple data and undertake economic analysis, evaluate information and discriminate between facts and value judgments in economic issues.
The Cambridge IGCSE Business Studies syllabus develops students’ understanding of business activity in the public and private sectors, and the importance of innovation and change. Students find out how the major types of business organization are established, financed and run, and how their activities are regulated. Factors influencing business decision-making are also considered, as are the essential values of cooperation and interdependence.
Accounting syllabus introduces students to the theory and concepts of accounting and the ways in which accounting is used in a variety of modern economic and business contexts. Learners focus on the skills of recording, reporting, presenting and interpreting financial information and build an ideal foundation both for further study and for a future career within the profession.
Information and Communication Technology
The Information Communication Technology syllabus combines theoretical and practical studies focusing on the ability to use common software applications, including word processors, spreadsheets, databases, interactive presentation software, e-mail, web browsers and website design.
Cambridge IGCSE offers a student to take a foreign language from languages like French, German, Spanish etc. The purpose is to develop an ability to use the language effectively for purposes of practical communication. The course is based on the linked language skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing, and these are built on as learners’ progress through their studies.
Cambridge IGCSE English syllabuses encourage students to improve their language skills and appreciation of literature. They develop students’ ability to understand and respond appropriately and confidently to what they read, see, hear and experience.
Students following the Cambridge IGCSE Literature (English) course will learn to enjoy the experience of reading literature by interpreting and evaluating English literary texts from different periods and from different cultures.
Students study prose, drama, and poetry through a range of set texts written originally in English. They develop their ability to appreciate the different ways in which writers achieve their effects, and communicate their personal response to the texts studied. Students also consider the contribution English literature has made to our wider understanding.
The emphasis is on both historical knowledge and on the skills required for historical research.
Students learn about the nature of cause and effect, continuity and change, similarity and difference and find out how to use and understand historical evidence as part of their studies. IGCSE History will stimulate any student already interested in the past, providing a basis for further study, and also encouraging a lifelong interest in the subject.
Key Features and Benefits
- We customize each subject learning objectives depending on the learning gaps of the student and plan a lesson structure that would complement their individual needs.
- Highlight the keys points which were often tested in the past year examinations
- Tests and preparation done according to the latest syllabus
- ‘Final exam’ oriented tests
- Home Tuitions provide teaching at the comfort of one’s home and save the time spent in travelling to the tuition center
- One-to-one interaction with the faculty helps solve all doubts and queries that may arise.
- Group tuitions with a batch size of not more than 5 are also offered.
- Result oriented and dedicated faculty well equipped with knowledge regarding the subjects
- Stringent selection criteria for faculty so as to give the best to the students
- Continuous Feedback Mechanism in place so as to improve on any shortcomings whatsoever as soon as possible
- Parents are regularly informed about their child’s progress and performance. Parents are free to talk to the tutor directly. Although we encourage regular sessions with the same tutor, a new tutor can also be assigned if the student is not happy with the current tutor.