Scholastic Aptitude Test
Benefits of a High SAT Score:
- A high SAT score will increase the chances of admission in top Business Schools
- There are good chances of getting some kind of financial assistance with a high SAT score
- Visa Officers also give weightage to high SAT scores while considering Visa applications.
SAT-I: Reasoning Test
The SAT-I is a three hour, primarily multiple-choice test that measures verbal and mathematical reasoning abilities that develop over time. Most colleges require SAT-I scores for admission. SAT consists of three sections
- Reading comprehension of 25 min
- Sentence completions of 25 min and
- Paragraph-length critical reading 20 min.
- Essay section of 25 min, Multiple choice sections lasting 25 minutes and 10 minutes.
- The SAT writing sections will assess your ability to improve writing samples, identify writing errors, and produce your own clear, coherent essay.
- Algebra and functions of 25 min
- Geometry Statistics of 20 min
- Probability and Data analysis of 20 min There will be 54 questions in all. 44 of them are multiple-choice. For the remaining ten questions, you will have to find answers on your own.
Test Scores: The SAT is scored on a scale of 400-1600. Each section of your SAT (Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing) is scored on a 200 to 800 point scale. Also Essay is scored on a range of 2 to 8 on each of three traits of Essay
Validity: SAT scores are valid for 5 years. One can request a Question-and-Answer Service up to five months after your test date.
SAT-II: Subject Tests
The SAT-II subject tests are one hour, primarily multiple-choice tests that measure your knowledge of particular subjects and your ability to apply that knowledge. Many universities may require you to take this along with SAT-I.
SAT II is sometimes a prerequisite for admission into a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Medicine, etc. in top Universities.
The examination is entirely a paper-based test. According to the SAT test pattern 2017, the SAT Subject Tests are scored on a 200-800 scale. SAT® II Subject tests are one-hour tests offered in the following subjects:
- Math Level I,
- Math Level II,
- English Literature,
- US History
- World History and