Company Secretary is a senior position in the private and public sector companies and organizations, usually it is known as managerial position or higher positions. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) offers this study course. You can join this foundation course after completing your 10+2 and then move on to the intermediate level of the course. Alternatively, you can complete you graduation, post-graduation or any other professional qualification to seek admission directly into the intermediate stage. This course of Company secretary is constituted under the Company Secretary Act, 1980 to upgrade and manage the profile of Company Secretary in India. A Company Secretary is required to be appointed by the companies whose paid up capital is up to Rs. 50 lakhs according to the companies act.
A Company Secretary candidate must have passed its foundation course, executive programs and other professional course which were previously called as Foundation Examinations, Intermediate Examinations and Final Examination which are conducted by profiled institutes, after completing the course the candidate needs to undergo for practical training to be eligible for the membership as a company secretary.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
To Apply for CS, a minimum educational requirement is 10+2 or any equivalent examination. Graduates or post graduates who have completed with their final examinations of ICWAI or ICAI also can apply for the commencement of this course. A CS passed candidate specializes in Tax laws, Economic laws, Labor laws and Company laws.
COMPANY SECRETARY (CS)
The CS certification includes three levels of which one has to appear for three exams:
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Every candidate who will be declared ‘pass’ in Professional Programme Examination in addition to acquiring practical experience, shall be required to undergo compulsory practical training for four months.
This subject carries total 14 chapters in three parts. Part A- Business Environment (30 Marks), Part B- Business Laws (40 Marks), Part C-Entrepreneurship (30 Marks).
Level of knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Objective: To give orientation about different forms of organizations, functions in organizations, business strategies and environment, along with an exposure to elements of business laws and entrepreneurship.
This subject carries total 15 chapters in three parts. Part A- Business Management (40 Marks), Part B- Business Ethics (20 Marks), Part C- Business Communication (40 Marks).
Level of knowledge: Basic Knowledge.
Objective: To acquaint with the basic principles of management, ethics and communication techniques.
This subject carries total 13 chapters in two parts. Part A- Economics (70 Marks) and Part B- Elementary Statistics (30 Marks)
Level of knowledge: Basic knowledge.
Objective: To Familiarize the basic concepts and concepts and theories of economics, elementary statistics and mathematics.
This subject carries total 9 chapters in two parts. Part A- Fundamentals of accounting (70 Marks) and Part B- Fundamentals of Auditing (30 Marks).
Level of knowledge: Basic knowledge.
• To familiarize and develop and understanding of the basic aspects of accounting, auditing concepts and their principles.
The mode of examination will be Computer based MCQs.
CS Foundation Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of the CS Foundation 2018 examination is as follows.
- There will be four papers containing 50 questions each.
- For each correct answer, candidate will be awarded 2 marks.
- CS Foundation Exams Held Twice a Year – June/December
Qualifying Marks / Cut offs for CS Foundation
A candidate shall be declared to have passed in the Foundation Programme examination if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of forty per cent marks in each subject and fifty per cent marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
- 40% marks in each subject
- 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects
CS Executive Programme contains the two set of Modules. Module 1 & 2.
Module 1 contains the four papers and Module 2 also contains the Four Papers. Each paper is For 100 Marks in the Examination.
Paper-1: Jurisprudence, Interpretation and General Laws
Paper-2: Company Law
Paper-3: Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
Paper-4: Tax Laws
Volume-1 (Direct Tax)
Volume-2 (Indirect Tax)
Paper-5: Corporate and Management Accounting
Paper-6: Securities Laws and Capital Markets
Paper-7: Economic Business and Commercial Laws
Paper-8: Financial and Strategic Management
1) Governance, Risk Management, Compliance’s and Ethics
2) Advanced Tax Laws
3) Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances
4) Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence
5) Corporate Restructuring, Insolvency, Liquidation & Winding-up
6) Resolution of Corporate Disputes, Non-Compliance’s & Remedies
7) Corporate Funding & Listings in Stock Exchanges
8) Multidisciplinary Case Studies (The examination for this paper will be open book examination)
9) Electives 1 paper out of below 8 papers
9.1 Banking – Law & Practice
9.2 Insurance– Law & Practice
9.3 Intellectual Property Rights– Laws and Practices
9.4 Forensic Audit
9.5 Direct Tax Law & Practice
9.6 Labour Laws & Practice
9.7 Valuations & Business Modelling
9.8 Insolvency – Law and Practice (The examination for this paper will be open book examination)
- Highly qualified and experienced tutors handle the subjects effectively and efficiently.
- Unlike regular classroom coaching of CA/CS/ICWA where no personal attention is paid and it has strict class timings, Wisdom Academy’s group tuition have a batch size of not more than 10-12 students thereby providing students with one-to-one attention and making sure all doubts are cleared.
- Early morning, evenings and weekend batches for working professionals
- Concentration on exam-oriented appreciable number of quality problems to provide a firm grounding for students in various subjects and to face the professional exams with high Confidence
- Systematic exploring of syllabus in a scheduled time frame without sacrificing quality and number of classes.
- Regular tests to track the progress of students.
Wisdom Academy provides group tuition for CS Foundation, CS Executive, CS Professional by experts at Andheri and Borivali centers.