International General Certificate of Secondary Education
- Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds
- Cambridge IGCSE encourages learner-centred and enquiry-based approaches to learning.
- It develops skills in creative thinking, critical reasoning and problem solving, giving learner’s excellent preparation for the next stage in their education.
- Cambridge International Education (CIE)’s qualification is recognised in over 150 countries around the world including USA, Singapore, UK & Australia.
- The IGCSE prepares students for further academic work including progression to AS Level and A Level study, Cambridge Pre-U and the IB Diploma Programme.
- As today, there are 200 schools in India that offer this qualification, with 50 of those schools in Mumbai alone
There are five Subject Groups in IGCSE with several subjects to choose from, in each group:
- Group 1: Languages (First Language, Second Language, Foreign Language, etc.)
- Group 2: Humanities and Social Sciences (Geography, English Literature, History, etc.)
- Group 3: Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
- Group 4: Mathematics (Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, etc.)
- Group 5: Creative, Technical & Vocational (Accounting, Business Studies, Computer Studies, Music, etc.)
- For each subject, the certificate merely indicates the grades scored, and not pass or fail.
- Five scores of ‘C’ or higher indicates a students readiness to pursue +2 level qualifications, like the Class 12 CBSE, IB Diploma, Advanced Placement Diploma (US), etc.
- Currently, IGCSE is a two-year programme starting at the Class 9 level. A student who has done his/ her early schooling from any other board can join the IGCSE programme at the Class 9 level.
- Wisdom academy’s IGCSE classes in Mumbai and IGCSE trained home tutors in Mumbai is preparing students successfully since last 7 years for IGCSE/IBDP/A LEVEL exams.
Why Wisdom Academy?
- Home tuition’s provide the student convenience of his home and personal attention from his tutor.
- Group tuition’s with a batch size of approximate 5-10 students
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers handle the subjects effectively and efficiently and also make sure that every student gets proper individual attention.
- Workable strategy and Time Management scheme for exam preparation.
- Result oriented and dedicated faculty well equipped with knowledge regarding the subjects
Some of the renowned IB / IGCSE Schools that we prepare students for include:
- Singapore International School
- American School of Bombay
- Podar Institute of Education
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School
- Oberoi International School
- Ecole Mondiale World School